Every year, 800 children under the age of 15 die from drowning in the United States. Nearly half of those children are under the age of 5. At Safety 1st Aquatics, we are committed to stopping these tragedies from happening, and since you are here, we assume you’d like to be a part of that process.
Of course, this is a large goal to achieve, and the process of ending these drowning accidents from happening once and for all comes down to one simple process – learning how to swim. If a young child does not know how to swim, the risk associated with falling in water deeper than they can stand becomes substantially greater. However, if they know how to swim, the risk of drowning goes down tremendously.
This is why we have set up our business in such a way as to provide nationwide service across the entire United States. Our clients who work with us receive professional service, and we always fulfill our promise.
Unfortunately, we know not every swim lessons company operates with the same integrity, and many people have had bad experiences with receiving lackluster swim lessons from unprofessional swim instructors. If you haven’t experienced this directly, you may know someone who has. We’d like to put your mind at ease and take you through the process of what it’s like when you sign up your child for swim lessons with us, and what you can expect from your initial registration, to the lessons, to the fulfillment of those lessons, and everything in between.
What you can expect – from start to finish
If you are looking for children’s swimming lessons, you will first fill out a registration form. This will include information such as
- Who are the lessons for?
- Contact Information
- Description of person for whom the lessons are intended
- Intended Start Date
You will then be contacted within 72 hours to schedule your first lessons!
Your Certified Swim Instructor
Here at Safety 1st Aquatics, we understand how important it is for you to find an instructor that not only understands how to teach someone to swim but is also reliable and experienced. We have seen hundreds of children come through our program with noticeable results within just a few lessons. This is because, when we hire our instructors – we focus on finding some of the best instructors in the industry by vetting them thoroughly. All of our instructors need to have…
- Given swimming lessons within the age group previously at another swim school
- Verifiable references for customer reviews
- Pass a full background check including criminal and family watch dog checks
Our goal is to have a team of top tier, friendly, and professional instructors that can deliver the value that our customers have come to expect from us over the several years we’ve been open. From the first day our founders opened the door of our school and every day beyond that we will continue to deliver on that promise to all of our customers.
You have been contacted, and the lessons have been scheduled for your child. Your child is ready to get in the pool! They will be assigned an experienced, certified swim instructor who will be handling the entirety of your child’s swimming lessons. Their mission is to assist in learning every objective we have for children. After 12 to 18 private lessons the student should be able to…..
- Hold their breathe underwater and be able to show rotary breathing
- Dive into shallow or medium depths on their own and retrieve toys
- Float on their own
- Be able to swim the crawl and kick properly
- Be able to jump in the pool, turn around, and return to the wall from anywhere in the pool
- Understand the basics of all 4 strokes and be able to swim them in short distances
These are the general goals for children’s swimming lessons. For our instructors, the goal is not only to achieve these, but to also be adaptable and adjust appropriately to your child’s needs. If they are struggling with certain aspects of comfortability in the water, or any of the skills they need to learn in the process of water safety, the instructor will make adjustments and allow for extra time to be spent on any one area that becomes an obstacle for them. These instructors are experienced, and they have successful trained hundreds of adults in this process. They are patient and well-trained.
What your child will need for lessons
Children’s swim lessons don’t require much when it comes to preparing. However, there are a few things they should have:
- Goggles – the water getting in their eyes may disturb them and slow down the process of learning, be sure to get a pair that fits them properly and is comfortable
- Swimsuit – a comfortable swimsuit that does not inhibit their movement. Too big and it may get in the way. Too small and it may not allow them to move freely.
- A good attitude – your child will intuitively mimic your attitude towards swim lessons. If you are extremely fearful every time they get in the water with the instructor, it may result in them feeling scared as well. If you exude an attitude of trust with the instructor and confidence in your child’s ability to learn, they will most likely approach the lessons with the same confidence and trust. This can greatly impact how fast they learn and how effective the lessons are, so be sure to set a good example.
How long until the lessons are completed?
Everyone learns at a different pace, and it is important to keep that in mind. With children’s swimming lessons, they may learn extremely fast or extremely slow, but it’s most likely somewhere in the middle. It is important to have patience and faith in the process. These skills they will be learning are skills they will have for a lifetime and learning properly, at their own pace, is key for success.
Are you ready to sign up?
You now know the full process of what happens when you sign up your child for children’s swimming lessons. From registration, to their heavily-vetted instructor, to the lessons and what they will learn, our team is dedicated to delivering on our “Learn to Swim Guarantee” and helping keep your child water safe and capable. If you are ready to sign them up, head on over to the registration tab and begin the journey to a water safe world!
Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you at the pool!